Thursday, September 25, 2008

Obama Balm!

I don't want to push my political beliefs onto you... especially because this is a bath and body product review... but I do want to tell you to VOTE! If you are not registered, REGISTER! If you are, then get your friends and other people who may not be REGISTERED!


Obalma balm
from KandFshop on Etsy
$3.00 (+$ 2.25 S&H)

[sweet almond oil, beeswax, organic cocoa butter, vitamin e, honey, propolis, essential oil colors, natural organic flavors]

So, I've elected to show my patriotism and voting spirit through lip balm. I am sure you are shocked. When I cam across this Obama lip balm, I had to snatch it up. And bonus... it's actually awesome lip balm!

Its scents are raspberry, chocolate, and blueberry. That's right... three layers... red, white and blue.


It smells fantastic! I've only gone through the raspberry, but it is a wonderfully light and natural scent, and tastes sweet and yummy like a fresh raspberry! I'm beginning to smell the chocolate, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

The red also works as a tint. It's bright and not so sheer, so if you do not want color, avoid the red.

This balm goes on nice and smooth. It makes your lips feel extremely moisturized. For being a politically charged lip balm, this packs a very powerful punch for greatness in the lip balm department.

It lasts about 3 hours, and doesn't stand up to drinking or eating.

The only negative thing I've found with this balm is that when you put it on and it gets on the corner of your lips it seems to spread out and the corner of your mouth turn red.... this is also known as "fruit punch mouth." It is easily resolved by wiping the corners with a tissue or some other paper product... or your sleeve.

Overall, this is an awesome lip balm, which I am using as my main squeeze lip balm until the election. I'm hoping it lasts till then!

Rating: 4.8 outta 5

Along with this balm, I recieved a bunch of small samples from Clear Hills Honey. They all apply and moisturize the same, so here is the run down on the scents and flavors.

Oregon Hazelnut: Smells just like International House of Coffee's Hazelnut Cappuccino. Very yummy, and tastes lightly nutty.

Chai Tea: Spicy and chai like. If you dig chai, this is for you! It is tingly on the lips.

Sugared Violet: I don't know what this is meant to taste like, but it is very sweet, light, and berry-ish. When you put it on it has a definant floral taste. Very sophisticated and enjoyable.

Tangerine Vanilla: Hello super sweet dreamcicle. Yummy smell and taste.

Mocha Latte: A nice blend of chocolate and coffee. On your lips the cocoa prevails.

Wild Strawberry: Fresh and sweet, just like I picked it out of my grandpa's back yard. Smells delish, tastes less sweet, but still very strawberry, and a natural flavor... not that Bonnebell crap.

Chocolate Mousse: Does not have an overpowering chocolate smell but when you put this on your lips will love it. It tastes so chocolately and rich. Awesome for a chocolate lover!

GO VOTE!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SHUT UP WE CREATED OBAMA BANANA BALM< WE HAVE A JINGLE!!!!!