Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kisse Girl Lip Glosses


Kisse Girl
Lip Gloss
&
Lip Icing

Via Etsy







Lip Gloss: $4 (+ $1.50 S&H)
[beeswax, castor oil, color, vit. e, flavor, cosmetic glitter]

Lip Icing: $5 (+ $.75 S&H)
[glycerin, castor oil, vit. e, flavor]

There is a special promotion running for the month of June. If you buy one LIP GLOSS you get one LIP BALM FREE!!!!

I'm a big fan of Kisse Girl. The sweet flavors and the positive message the company has to improve the concept of beauty for the younger generation of little girls become young ladies. I love the lip balm so I wanted to try other products.

The Lip Gloss is very nice. My flavor was Cotton Candy, and it does not disappoint. Just like the fluffy stuff at the fair, this is a not a super strong flavor, but just the right amount. It has a brush applicator, so you squeeze the tube and brush the gloss on. A little goes a long way and I learned that the first time I used it and had to share the remaining gloss with my mom because there was too much on the brush. My only complaint is that that sparkles in it are somewhat big. Being a big girl, I'm used to super small shimmery dust in my gloss, but this one is a bit chunky (think of Rimmel London's Vinyl Gloss) and you can feel the sparkles. It isn't super bothersome, but if you are a person who constantly is rubbing their lips together...it may be an issue.

Overall, especially with the June promo... I highly recommend this balm to a young lady or an adult. It doesn't melt and wont leak out into your bag like some other glosses (Thanks MAC!) .

Rating: 4 outta 5

The Lip Icing was something I was really looking forward to. I got the Tango Mango flavor and was ready to experience one of my favorite past times as a little girl... roll on lip gloss. Who doesn't love it? I loved it so much I once did a soft sculpture of Hard Candy's Lava Roll on Lip Gloss. I was very pleased with the consistency of this gloss as well as the high shine and the fact my lips did not feel greasy. I think that with roll on gloss and all the oils, sometimes it is over done and it's melting off your face in the warm weather. I wore this out today in some fairly warm weather and it didn't budge. The flavor is okay, I can honestly say I prefer it more as a balm, than this icing. One issue that I found was when I used it in the winter. For some reason the ball contraptions on these glosses works poorly in the winter time here. I'm sure it has to do with the lack of heat, but I had a hard time using it in the winter...but now, no problems.

Overall, I think this is another great product for little girls. I would not recommend the Tango Mango however... possibly the Sugar Rush because that is a flavor that should translate well into any lip product.

Rating: 3.5 outta 5

No comments: