Friday, June 6, 2008

The Plaid Mushroom Lip Balm


The Plaid Mushroom Lip Balm
Pink Frosting and Tingly lip balm

$3.00 (+ $2 S&H)

Pink Frosting: [Coconut oil, almond oil, candelilla wax, avocado oil, vitamin e, stevia, flavor oil]

Tingly: [Emu oil, beeswax, coconut oil, almond oil, vitamin e, peppermint essential oil, tea tree essential oil]

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PINK FROSTING IS VEGAN!!!!!! THE TINGLY IS NOT!

I've been looking at the Plaid Mushroom on Etsy for a bit. One, I love plaid. Who doesn't? Yet the mushroom... should I equate that with some trippy dippy hippie? I try not to be stereotypical and noticed the lack of patchouli and felt reassured.

I am so glad I did.

I ordered the Tingly lip balm and because of a promotion got the Pink Frosting. (The Pink Frosting was a gamble, it sounded different.)

The tingly balm has emu oil in it. I've been looking for a balm that uses emu oil because it has the most amazing moisturizing elements. It's amazing old women have realized this and aren't taking the emu to the level of extinction. NOT that I think or suggest you do that. Please don't. Emus are people too. Anyways.... this balm is pepperminty but not overly done. It is just the right scent and flavor and it makes your lips feel luscious with its tingle.

The Pink Frosting was the most pleasant surprise. It is like a vanilla cupcake with that pink frosting on top. It's not strawberry, it's not butter cream, but damn is it good. That is the exact smell and flavor of this lip balm. AND it is vegan. This must be heaven.

I have found that the tingly balm lasts longer than the pink frosting, and not just because of the lip licking difference. I did not find myself licking my lips at all with either balm. I think you grow out of that. The tingly just seemed to hold on better to the skin of my lips, but that could be the emu oil since it is know for its deep penetration. The pink frosting held strong for a good 2 hours. That is valiant showing for such an amazingly yummy vegan balm.

The glides are smooth and silky. Both are hard, but not waxy and not greasy. They apply easily and can tolerate this summer heat (B-lo @ 75... What?!)

Overall this lip balm rocks. It really does. I bet the other flavors are just as great. The sweetness is just right and they do wonders for your chapped lips...and if your lips aren't chapped...they make them soft anyways!!!

Rating: 5 outta 5

[You're so rad, if you were a fabric you'd be plaid! Cuz everyone knows plaid is so rad!...thanks Bouncing Souls!}

No comments: