Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Other Exciting New Body Products!


Terra Secrets Tingly Feet Foot Scrub
2 oz. $2
12 oz. $9

via Etsy
(Shipping depends on your order)



[ Dried rosemary, dried peppermint, rosemary EO, peppermint EO, sea salt, natures sunshine concentrate, olive oil, vegetable glycerin, vitamin e oil]

I'm used to much coarse and rougher foot scrubs, this one at first made me question its scrubbing power. I won't lie. I was a doubter and after my first use I felt like I did not prematurely jump to that conclusion. However, I began to use it twice a week, and within 3 weeks I noticed a huge difference in my feet. They were softer and were not chalky looking. You know what I'm talking about...when you wear flip flops a lot at the end of the day there is that chalky look to your feet, which is just dead skin and dry spots caused by the strap of your sandal rubbing your skin. I feet felt great and when I went to get a pedicure, the woman did very little scrubbing because my feet were already so soft.

Overall, I was impressed with the foot scrub with consistent use. It got under my nails (literally) easily, but that's not a big issue, because it a product that delivered.

Rating: 4 outta 5




Terra Secrets Tea Tree Foot Soak
2 oz. $2
8 oz. $7
16 oz. $10
(S&H varies)

[Tea tree oil, lemon oil, sea salt, epsom salt, baking soda cornstarch]

In conjunction with the foot scrub, this foot soak is decent. I am not a big fan of soaking, but I did to try this out. It smells a bit intense, but if you enjoy tea tree oil, then it will work well for you. I'm glad I did the scrub after the soak. I don't know if that was the correct order, but it's what I did.
My feet did feel revived... in some weird way they felt warm and healthy. The instructions were on a card so this soak was easy to use.

After a hard day of work, I could see this foot soak being helpful and a nice little mini spa at home. I do not have much use for it, but if you are a soak person, I think this offers a lot and is a solid value. You get a lot for a nice price and a little can go a long way.

Rating: 4 outta 5

Soapalaya Soaps Facial Cleanser

$5.75 (+ $2.25 S&H)

[Micro-fine oatmeal will soothe irritated skin and soften.
Jojoba beads are amazing little micro spheres that ever-so-gently help to exfoliate dead skin cells without irritating sensitive facial tissue. Wonderful for encouraging circulation! White kaolin clay is a perfect detoxifier and will effectively draw out impurities from the skin without over-drying. Handmade olive oil soap, along with the clay, provides creamy, light suds action and allows you to gently use your hands to massage your face as the jojoba beads exfoliate, the clay removes impurities and the oatmeal soothes.
]

I purchased the formula to oily and blemish proned skin. I was impressed with how it made my skin feel. But let's start with beginning process.... mixing it. It is very sloppy and icky at first when you mix the powder with water to create a cream/paste. When you apply it, there is a cool (I found that warm water makes it thicker and harder to put on) sensation on your face like if you were to spread papermache on it. You have to let it dry and if you let it dry too much it starts to flake off, which can be bad if you're wearing a thick knit sweater, but hopefully you're not. I washed it off with warm water and there is this very clean feeling. A deep down clean.

I did not notice any dramatic changes in my skin, but I did find the clean feeling rewarding. There was some tightness that went along with the clean feeling, so it did brighten up my face.

Overall I think this would make an excellent morning cleanser; get your face ready for the day.
It's actually cheaper, if not the same price as most drug store and some department store brand cleansers, and it's not full of crappy chemicals.

Rating: 4 outta 5

No comments: