Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Back and talking Body Scrubs.

First and foremost, thanks to everyone who expressed concern for the past several months I have been MIA. It's the summer and I am going to be back to the swing of things and have a lot of catching up to do, so expect a few reviews per post!

And let's begin!!!

GudonyaToo SMOOchy Bar
@ Etsy
$4.75 (+ $1.25 S&H)

[ coco butter, beeswax, fragrance, oatmeal, salt, preservatice, emulsifiers]


This winter was not unlike any other Buffalo winter, but my skin was super dry so I was looking into more skin products (sorry lip balmers). This scrub seemed very practical, well priced, and easy to store in the shower.

The fragrance of this is fresh and crisp. I am a big fan of the Spa Fusion scent from GudonyaToo. It's not over powering so I never worried about it poorly mixing with lotion or perfume. It definitely exfoliates... if you don't have enough water on your body before you start to scrub it can hurt a little.

This bar lasted about 2 months. I used it roughly once a day. My only problem with the bar is the fact you have to keep it dry. This means you have to get your body wet, scrub, then rinse, without letting any water that is not already on your body get to the bar. Towards the the end of my last month of use, water did get on it. It began to crumble quickly. If this bar was able to be a scrub and a soap and endure water, I think this would be a perfect body scrub, especially with the bars circular shape. It was so perfect, and easy to use and fit into my hands perfectly.

Overall, this is a solid body scrub bar. It is not super moisturizing, so I would recommend using it with a body wash or body conditioner.

Rating: 3.75 outta 5



Body Couture Junkie
Pin Up Girl Body Polish, 8 oz.
in Island Girl

check Etsy for current selling price and availability.

[Sunflower oil, shea butter, rice bran oil, golden jojoba oil, behenyl alcohol, fine grain pure dead sea salt, phenoxythanol, caprylyl glycol, sorbic acid, polysorbate 20, fragrance and preservative.]

This was 8 oz of sheer greatness. The smell is girly. It is sweet, floral, yet has strong subtle hints of vanilla. A little goes a long way with this body polish, it lasted about 3 months with daily use. It exfoliates and does polish your skin. When I got out of the shower, it felt like my skin was glowing without any harsh rubbing, it was gentle and like a mini massage.

My only complaint against this body polish is that I wish it had a bigger opening at the top. When I got down to the very last bit, it was hard to get into.

Overall, I hope this body polish returns to her shop because I was very impressed and strongly recommend this scent.

Rating: 5 out of 5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yummy-sounds like a great polish-plus i love anything with rice oil in it.